Pliant is a jQuery validation plugin that allows easy extending/overriding of rules, as well as defining field validation by html comments.
- Central, or field specific rule definitions.
- Rule inheritance and property overriding.
- Validation on field change.
- Field/Rule validation chaining.
- Apply validation on init, after init, or via HTML comments.
- Control field/rule message locations globally, or per field/rule instance.
- Control the form validation trigger, and scope.
- Stop validation on first invalid rule per field, or validate all rules per field.
- Ignore hidden/disabled fields.
- Customize element type and CSS for fields, messages, message containers, and message wrappers.
- Define expected return value for individual rules.
- Multiple event handlers allowed for field validation/focus/added, and form validation.
- Control field validation on change globally, or per field/rule based on a bool or function result.